- Futures are down slightly
- Donald Trump met with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer in an attempt to resolve the government shutdown.
- Trump walked out of the meeting after they said they weren’t going to fund a border wall
- The FOMC Minutes revealed a dovish Fed that’s readying to pause rate hikes
- The Dow and the S&P 500 both posted their best 10-day performance since July 2009
- Oil prices entered a bull market, rallying 5.2% yesterday to a nearly four-week high
- Nicolás Maduro will be inaugurated for as Venezuela’s president today.
- Polls show 80% of Venezuelans oppose him
- Governments across Latin America have issued a statement saying that as of January 11th they will no longer regard Maduro as Venezuela’s legitimate president
- The advocate-general of the European Court of Justice will publish comments on a case that pits Googleagainst CNIL, France’s data-protection regulator.
- At issue is the geographical scope of the “right to be forgotten”
- Google argues it should remove links only from its European websites
- the CNIL argues that the delisting must be global
- If Google loses, rules passed by the EU would have to be applied across the world
- French Consumer Confidence has fallen steeply amid the yellow vests protests
- Eurozone Unemployment fell below 8% for the first time in years
- Ford will cut thousands of jobs in Europe — part of a $14bn cost-cutting drive
- Reports also suggest that Ford is in talks with Volkswagen about forming a global alliance
- Car sales fell last year for the first time since 1990
- Inflation is falling (Actual 1.9% | Expected 2.1%)
- Falling inflation gives the Peoples Bank of China more room to ease
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 156 views