Sharing is Caring!
- Futures are down slightly amid weak retail sales data and elevated recession fears
- Inflation data due out today is expected to reveal prices softening, allowing the Fed to pause rate hikes
- Despite increasing tariffs, the New York Fed thinks the aggregate consumer price index only rose by 0.3%
- Today marks the 21st day of the government shutdown — tieing the record set in 1995
- The S&P 500 is on pace to have its best performance during a shutdown
- The US and China are set for another round of high-level trade talks in late January
- Canadian Building Permits surged in December (Actual 2.6% | Expected -0.5%)
- The European Commission is investigating tax arrangement between Nike and the Netherlands
- French Industrial Production experienced a sharp contraction (Actual -2.1% | Expected -0.2%)
- Swedens New Industrial Orders are down 2.4%
READ Dems Embrace Biden Plan for $200 Billion Subsidy to Electric Vehicle Market in Infrastructure Bill
- Another Huawei executive has been detained and charged with espionage
- Chinese stocks capped their biggest weekly gains in two months
What flair do you think is most appropriate for these posts — “News” or “Discussion” ?