- Futures are down amid weak trade data out of China
- US CPI was in line with expectations at 1.9%
- Loan Growth has accelerated rapidly going into 2019
- Business loans are up 11% since last year
- S&P 500 companies are warning that their 2019 earnings may not be as high as initially forecast
- UK Industrial Production disappointed (Actual -1.5% | Expected -0.7%)
- Politicians vote on Theresa May’s Brexit deal tomorrow. It is not expected to pass.
- The retrial of three former Barclays traders begins today in London — they’re accused of manipulating the EURIBOR interest rate
- The European Court of Justice issued a statement favorable to Google in their “right to be forgotten case”
- A British-Iranian citizen accused of plotting against the government goes on hunger strike today in Tehran. Ms Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s has been detained for over 1,000 days and is being denied medical attention for lumps discovered in her breasts strike
- Three lawsuits have been filed against Boeing after Indonesian authorities discovered the black box of the Lion Air flight that crashed in October
- the pilots struggled with the aircrafts anti-stalling system leading up to the crash
- In December exports fell 4.4% from a year earlier —imports fell 7.6%.
- Both were the weakest since 2016
- China’s trade surplus with America soared to a record $323bn last year, suggesting that Trump’s tariffs aren’t working as intended
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 209 views