Sharing is Caring!
- Futures are flat ahead of Apple’s earnings announcement after market close
- Amazon and Microsoft will be particularly susceptible to any bad news
- Apple is working to fix a glitch FaceTime which allows users to listen to the recipient before they have answered a call
- America’s envoy to Afghanistan said the US and the Taliban have forged a draft framework for ending their 17-year war
- PG&E has filed for bankruptcy, they’ve been resilient in the face of disaster before
- 1996: Let’s toxic wastewater into groundwater supplies – settles lawsuit for hundreds of millions of dollars
- 2001: Declares bankruptcy after the state mismanaged deregulation of the electricity market.
- 2010: Gas pipeline explodes.
- The Federal Reserve‘s Federal Open Market Committee begins a two-day policy meeting today, with a decision on interest rates due Wednesday
- They’re not expected to take any action
See also Strategists See Trouble Brewing in Stock Market… Wholesale Prices Jump 8.3% in Year… Americans Turn Pessimistic...
- The House of Commons will vote on Brexit measures today
- Some proposed amendments would constrain Theresa May’s government
- One tries to stop Britain leaving the EU without a deal on March 29th by requiring the government to ask the EU to extend the deadline
- Eurozone Loan Growth remains stable (4% YoY to Businesses / 3.3% YoY to Households)
- America imposed sanctions on PDVSA, Venezuela’s state oil company, to cut off foreign money to Nicolás Maduro’s government
- Australian Auto Loan delinquencies are on the rise and business confidence has plummeted over the last few months
- Exports out of Hong Kong contracted much sharper than anticipated (Actual -5.8% | Expected -1.7%)
- The US filed criminal charges against Huawei for stealing trade secrets, obstructing justice and violating sanctions against Iran
- The US and China are to resume two days of trade talks tomorrow
- Industrial profits continue on their contractionary course