If you traded long the U.S. Dollar or shorted another currency based on our January post or our more recent update in May, it’s time to pay attention to upcoming resistance levels in the Dollar Index and the associated ETF (NYSEArca: UUP).
Depending on your trading time frame, you might even consider taking some profits soon.
We still believe the Power Shares DB U.S. Dollar Bullish ETF is, well, bullish. The larger upward move should travel considerably farther. However the first leg of that move may be approaching an end.
We recently posted a big-picture chart on Twitter showing our main Elliott wave scenario for UUP — an upward path persisting into 2019 and maybe longer. (Follow us on Twitter for more charts like that.) We have drawn the move as impulsive, but a three-wave pattern would be possible as an alternate scenario.
Meanwhile on a weekly chart we can see the developing structure of the first upward leg — wave (i) or (a) of the bigger move. On this smaller scale the first leg appears impulsive, and it might now be working on the final, even smaller fifth wave of the leg.
Using Gann-related methods, important resistance areas to watch are near 25.24, 25.55, and 25.87. The small impulsive structure would look more “complete” if price were to move a bit higher to test the middle resistance area, but the minimum requirements for the upward leg are already in place.
- This is the future they have planned for us…
- Are They Essentially Erasing Most Of The Internet?
- Heads Up: Something big is going down. Just about every commodity is collapsing in price. Things deteriorated so much that all the supply chain metrics have become way less constrained
- Bill Gates: Social Credit Scores Are An “Asset”
- Horrific news from Sodom Island
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- The Dead Internet theory just got even creepier….
- People Are Going To Go Absolutely Insane When Food Prices Double Or Triple From Current Levels
- CDC is quietly deleting misleading information from their website. The following statement was removed from their website between July 16th and July 22nd
- If you are waiting for recession, inflation down, FED pivot, etc., by the time it happens, markets would have already priced most or all of it in. Right on schedule… Michael Burry says the Big Crash is anytime now!