What would ordinarily be a day of celebration Sunday as new representatives flock to the US Capitol for swearing-in has Democrats sweating over the re-election for their leader, Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
With Pelosi’s party holding only 222 seats — and with an unknown number of representatives sidelined by COVID-19 — things may get complicated.
Under House rules, the first order of business for a new Congress is the election of a speaker. Until one person wins an outright majority of representatives who are present for the vote, no other business can be done.
But the Democrats’ new caucus gives Pelosi little room to maneuver — with only five votes more than the 217 she would need to win a new term as speaker.
And that’s if everyone shows up for the vote. At least two Democrats, Reps. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.) and Rick Larsen (D-Wash.), have tested positive for the coronavirus since Dec. 23 — and under CDC guidelines should remain in quarantine.
- “You would have a far-Right government in every country in Europe”
- Another domino is starting to fall…
- US Now Lone Suspect in Nord Stream Pipe Bombing
- Fact checkers are quick on damage control for Project Veritas video. He was literally talking about directed evolution of COVID-19. How in the hell is that not clear enough for you?
- The Food Supply is Contaminated With SPIKE PROTEINS
- The Covid Op Was the Catalyst That Propelled the Entire World Into a Soon Fully Digitized Surveillance State
- Have You Heard Of The “Tradwife Movement”?
- This is EXACTLY how they will take away the CASH. So easy it’s RIDICULOUS.
- The Russians are Going to Break Through Bakhmut
- Woman “forgives” her mothers killer, visits him in jail. Upon release woman gives him a job at the decease mothers house and is quickly killed too.