- Shawnee, Kansas unanimously banned co-living in some zoning districts, targeting unrelated roommates who split the cost of rent.
- Across the country, people have turned to roommates to counteract the rising cost of rentals and housing.
- Rent in the Shawnee area has risen by over 11% since 2019, according to The Washington Post.
- Rent and evictions are on the rise all over the country.
- At least 6 cities and states in the US are implementing or expanding rent control.
- Rent control, or government intervention in the price of rent, is banned in 37 states.
Rent is getting more expensive everywhere.
In most US states and cities, there’s not a whole lot the government can do about it. That’s because rent control is prohibited in 37 states.
But the surge in housing costs amid the ongoing pandemic has led several jurisdictions to take another look at new laws to clamp down on rent increases, even as landlords fight back — and in some cases taking legal action.
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Are They Actually Trying To Crash The Economy On Purpose?
- UBS may bail out of the Credit Suisse deal, too many issues.
- UKRAINE WAR ENDING?
- To the moon! The interest payments of the US Government as old debt is rolled into new one.
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- Elon Musk responds to Biden’s bullshit nationalization of land in Texas