Sharing is Caring!
- Delays in treatment are set to cause a 20% rise in deaths among newly diagnosed cancer patients in England – 6,270 excess deaths this year
- Treatment for strokes fell by 45% during lockdown and there were more than 2,000 excess deaths in from heart disease
- More than 50,000 operations for children were cancelled
- Organ transplants fell by two thirds, with the number of those who died on the transplant waiting list almost doubling
- Total waiting lists for routine orthopedic and eye operations are at record levels
- Calls to child abuse helplines rocketed
- As rates of depression and anxiety doubled, thousands of recovering alcoholics have relapsed.
Andrew Cuomo is no doubt too busy selling his book to comment. But he’ll surely give the British a run for their money.