The mayor of the Mexican city of Cuernavaca was proudly inaugurating a footbridge over a scenic stream on Tuesday when the bridge collapsed, sending him and about two dozen other people plunging into a gully.
The hanging bridge made of wooden boards and metal chains had recently been remodeled. Video of the collapse suggested the boards separated from the chains supporting them.
Local officials, including city council members, fell about 10ft (3 meters) on to rocks and boulders in the stream bed.
The crush of officials and journalists on the bridge during the inauguration may have exceeded its planned capacity.
- With Heroes Like This, Who Needs Putin?
- “Blaming the Victim” has Never Known Such a Vivid Example
- Arizona’s next Gov DESTROYS CNN – Kari Lake
- THERE’S A FINANCIAL HURRICANE COMING RIGHT FOR US BRACE YOURSELVES
- Summer Preview: Rolling Blackouts, Higher Gas Prices, Natural Gas Rationing In Europe And A Historic Diesel Crisis
- A Warning About The Coming Shortages Of Diesel Fuel, Diesel Exhaust Fluid And Diesel Engine Oil
- Armstrong: Prepare for WWIII: The West NEEDS war because the entire financial system is collapsing
- The Supreme Court Just Did Something That Has Many Speculating That The Decision To Overturn Roe v. Wade Will Be Released On Friday
- This is an inflationary recession, the worst in 100 years.
- Alleged President Biden Announces New Pandemic Right before Midterms