Aguila said he recommends keeping them in place until April 12, or the Monday after the last weekend of spring break.
A countywide curfew extending from midnight until 6 p.m. is already in effect due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Police will enforce the curfew by blockading Ocean Drive, Washington Avenue and Collins Avenue from Fifth to 15th streets.
Aguila said eastbound traffic on the three main causeways entering the city — the MacArthur, Julia Tuttle and Venetian causeways — will be shut down from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. with the exception of residents, hotel guests and work employees.
The emergency measures come after weeks of violent incidents, much of it captured on cellphone video, including fights, stampedes, confrontations with police and even a deadly shooting. City officials have also warned about the possible spread of COVID-19.
This is what it looks like on #SouthBeach at 8:00pm, which is the time city leaders designated as the new curfew. So far, police have not intervened @wsvn #springbreak #miamibeach pic.twitter.com/7SvsoBZyl0
— Franklin White (@FranklinWSVN) March 21, 2021
h/t McDonald Trunalimunumaprzure