Six million households could face blackouts this winter because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, ministers have been warned, as they look to bolster electricity supplies by prolonging the life of coal and nuclear power stations.
The Times has been told that the government’s “reasonable” worst-case scenario, which has been drawn up by officials from across Whitehall, says that there could be widespread gas shortages if Russia goes further in cutting off supplies to the EU.
A minister said the briefing suggested that electricity could have to be rationed for up to six million homes at the start of next year, mostly at peaks in the morning and evening. The curbs could last more than a month, causing energy prices to rise again and leaving GDP lower than forecast for years to come.
- PEDOPHILES ARE OFFICIALLY A PROTECTED CLASS IN AMERICA NOW
- Armstrong: Prepare for WWIII: The West NEEDS war because the entire financial system is collapsing
- Congressman Jim Jordan gets Debbie Birx to admit the truth…
- Fed throws Biden under the bus, says hes collapsing the country
- Comedian Alex Stein Trolls Leftist Protesters Outside His NYC Comedy Show
- A Major Prophetic Voice Is Warning That Food Confiscation Will Happen In America When Shortages Get Really Severe
- Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche forecasts total chaos within 2 months.
- Why Are They Still Pushing the Global Warming Hoax When We Have Real Problems to Take Care Of?
- Biden Admin Reportedly Losing Faith in the Ukraine Victory Plan
- This is What Happened in Kremenchug