PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Columbia Sportswear announced they will terminate employees who are not vaccinated against COVID-19, the company said Wednesday.
Headquarter employees have until February 1 to be vaccinated or obtain a medical or religious exemption or they will be terminated.
The company first announced it supported President Biden’s federal vaccine mandate last year.
Columbia’s Chief Human Resources Officer, Richelle Luther, says for the company, it’s about more than the bottom line.
“What we’re seeing is the vaccines which are proving very effective at keeping people from serious illness and hospitalization, I think that’s where the most acute concern is at this point,” Luther said.
Tim Boyle, CEO of Columbia Sportswear, joined the president and other CEO’s in a meeting at the White House back in September.
Nike announced a similar requirement. Workers have until Saturday to get vaccinated.
Nike, Columbia Sportswear plan to start firing unvaccinated employees this weekend
Columbia Sportswear CEO praises Biden’s new vaccine mandates
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Welcome To Hyperinflation Hell! US Studies Ways To Guarantee All Bank Deposits If Crisis Grows
- Many Companies Are Already On Their Second Round Of Mass Layoffs
- SClENTISTS WARN WE ARE ENTERING A MAGNETIC EXCURSION AND SOON HUMANS WILL BE EXTINCT – DONT BLAME THE MESSENGER
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB