Earlier this month a federal judge overturned California’s ‘assault’ weapons ban because it violated the second amendment. The Ninth Circuit just reinstated it:
The three judge panel issued a stay on Judge Roger Benitez’s ruling, which means the current ban on the firearms will stay in place while other proceedings continue.
California Attorney General Rob Bonta, who had appealed Benitez’s ruling, celebrated the stay on Twitter.
“This leaves our assault weapons laws in effect while appellate proceedings continue. We won’t stop defending these life-saving laws.”
This is the ruling the Ninth Circuit blocked:
Benitez ruled June 4th the state’s ban on so-called assault weapons infringes on the Second Amendment, noting other states and the Supreme Court permit the very same weapons.
“Under no level of heightened scrutiny can the law survive,” Benitez ruled, comparing “the popular AR-15 rifle” to a “Swiss Army knife.”
- Deutsche Bank Is On The Brink Of Collapse: Get Prepared For The Next Lehman Brothers Moment
- Every Christian In America Is A Target Now
- Alleged Leaked Text Messages from the Nashville Trans Shooter of Children Shortly Before the Shooting Took Place – Breaking911 Confirms
- These governments are absolutely clueless …
- 4.7 TRILLION IN NEW TAXES
- “Conservative” Acceptance of Homosexuality is Absolutely Sickening
- Elon: “That’s what people who have the woke mind virus look like to me”
- Congress is preparing a bipartisan PATRIOT Act sequel to completely destroy the Internet as we know it
- Next Domino – Bank of Spain
- Guess Who Is Now Warning That “Commercial Real Estate Is In Trouble”?