- Jeffrey Epstein appeared in court on Wednesday where Judge Richard Berman set next June as the start date for his federal trial on charges of sex trafficking
- There were no red marks on Epstein’s neck, and he showed no visible signs of injury one week after he allegedly tried to take his own life
- Epstein, 66, seemed nervous and dazed throughout the 20 minute meeting, looking off in the distance for most of the proceedings with his hands clasped
Jeffrey Epstein will be behind bars for at least another 10 months after a federal judge set a provisional date of next June next for his sex trafficking trial.
Judge Richard Berman selected June 8 as the start date for the four-to-six-week trial.
The defendant, 66, did not show any signs of injury and there were no visible red marks on his neck after his reported suicide attempt last Tuesday.
Epstein seemed nervous and dazed throughout the 20-minute meeting, looking off in the distance for most of the proceedings with his hands clasped together by his chin.
Federal prosecutors said during the hearing that the FBI is only ‘beginning the process’ of looking at the devices seized during the raid on Epstein’s $77m Manhattan mansion earlier this month.
The case has already generated one million pages of documents in discovery which the defense said it now needs time to review.
Lawyers for both sides had met prior to the hearing to go over a possible timeline, which they presented to Judge Berman.