This morning (Nov. 18), PG&E began 48-hour advance notifications to customers about a potential Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) in portions of 25 counties.
Worsening dry conditions and expected high wind gusts pose an increased risk for damage and sparks on the electric system that have the potential to ignite fires in areas with dry vegetation.
High fire-risk conditions are expected to begin early Wednesday morning and continue throughout Thursday. Once the high winds subside, currently expected to be Thursday mid-morning, PG&E will inspect the de-energized lines to ensure they were not damaged during the wind event, and then restore power. PG&E will safely restore power in stages as quickly as possible, with the goal of restoring most customers by end of day Thursday, based on the current weather conditions.
The shutoff is expected to impact about 303,000 customers in 25 counties:
- Alameda — 12,200, including 330 medical baseline in Berkeley, Oakland, San Leandro
- Amador — 2,690, including 90 medical baseline in Amador City, Drytown, Fiddletown, Plymouth, River Pines, Sutter Creek
- Butte — 14,100, including 940 medical baseline in Bangor, Berry Creek, Butte Meadows, Chico, Clipper Mills, Cohasset, Forbestown, Forest Ranch, Magalia, Oroville, Paradise, Stirling City
- Colusa — 20, including 1 medical baseline in Arbuckle and Williams
- Contra Costa — 23,230, including 740 medical baseline in Canyon, El Sobrante, Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda, Pinole, Pleasant Hill, Richmond
- El Dorado — 38,570, including 1,880 medical baseline in Camino, Coloma, Cool, Diamond Springs, El Dorado, El Dorado Hills, Garden Valley, Georgetown, Greenwood, Grizzly Flats, Kelsey, Kyburz, Lotus, Mount Ankum, Pacific House, Pilot Hill, Placerville, Pollock Pines, Rescue, Shingle Springs, Somerset, Twin Bridges
- Glenn — 230, including 9 medical baseline in Elk Creek
- Lake — 13,370, including 2,010 medical baseline in Clearlake, Cobb, Finley, Hidden Valley Lake, Hopland, Kelseyville, Lakeport, Loch Lomond, Lower Lake, Middletown
- Marin — 23,400, including 590 medical baseline in Bolinas, Fairfax, Forest Knolls, Inverness, Lagunitas, Marshall, Mill Valley, Muir Beach, Nicasio, Novato, Olema, Point Reyes Station, San Anselmo, San Geronimo, San Rafael, Stinson Beach, Woodacre
- Mendocino — 3,080, including 90 medical baseline in Gualala, Hopland, Point Arena
- Napa — 11,180, including 250 medical baseline in Angwin, Calistoga, Deer Park, Lake Berryessa, Napa, Oakville, Pope Valley, Rutherford, Yountville
- Nevada — 30,030, including 1,180 medical baseline in Emigrant Gap, Grass Valley, Nevada City, Norden, North San Juan, Penn Valley, Rough and Ready, Soda Springs, Washington
- Placer — 12,400, including 500 medical baseline in Alta, Applegate, Auburn, Baxter, Colfax, Dutch Flat, Emigrant Gap, Foresthill, Gold Run, Granite Bay, Lincoln, Meadow Vista, Weimar
- Plumas — 780, including 5 medical baseline in Belden, La Porte, Quincy, Story
- San Mateo — 70, including 1 medical baseline in Pescadero and unincorporated areas
- Santa Clara — 2,978, including 70 medical baseline in Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Gatos, Redwood Estates
- Santa Cruz — 36,164, including 1,833 medical baseline in Aptos, Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, Brookdale, Capitola, Davenport, Felton, Mount Hermon, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Soquel, Watsonville
- Shasta — 21,720, including 1,340 medical baseline in Anderson, Bella Vista, Big Bend, Cottonwood, French Gulch, Igo, Lakehead, Manton, Millville, Montgomery Creek, Oak Run, Palo Cedro, Platina, Round Mountain, Shasta, Shingletown, Whitmore
- Sierra — 1,160, including 10 medical baseline in Alleghany, Downieville, Goodyears Bar, North San Juan, Sierra City
- Solano — 1,970, including 350 medical baseline in Fairfield, Suisun City, Vacaville
- Sonoma — 39,940, including 1,200 medical baseline in Annapolis, Bodega, Bodega Bay, Calistoga, Cazadero, Cloverdale, Duncans Mills, Forestville, Geyserville, Glen Ellen, Guerneville, Healdsburg, Jenner, Kenwood, Monte Rio, Penngrove, Rio Nido, Santa Rosa, Sonoma, Sea Ranch, Stewarts Point, Villa Grande, Windsor
- Tehama — 9,530, including 640 medical baseline in Cottonwood, Flournoy, Manton, Mill Creek, Mineral, Paskenta, Paynes Creek, Red Bluff
- Trinity — 50, including 2 medical baseline in Unincorporated areas of Trinity
- Yolo — 400, including 7 medical baseline in Brooks, Guinda, Rumsey
- Yuba — 3,940, including 20 medical baseline in Bangor, Browns Valley, Brownsville, Camptonville, Challenge, Dobbins, Forbestown, Marysville, Oregon House, Rackerby, Strawberry Valley
Customers can use an online address lookup tool to find out if their location is being monitored for the potential safety shutoff at www.pge.com/pspsupdates.