by Dr. Eowyn
After British taxpayers spent £32 million ($41.9 million) on their wedding less than two years ago in May 2018, and $3 million on refurbishing their residence Frogmore Cottage, Prince Harry and his D-list Hollywood-actress wife Meghan Markle just announced they’re leaving the royal family.
From the New York Post‘s Page Six:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are quitting the royal family, they announced Wednesday.
In an extraordinary move — and after spending six weeks away in a multimillion-dollar bolthole in Canada — the couple said they wanted to take a “progressive new role” and leave their roles as “senior” royals.
The couple said they wanted to make their own money, adding they will now split their time between the UK and North America.
In the unprecedented statement, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said: “After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages.
“This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.”
Harry and Meghan’s marriage has been blighted by rows over their spending — and their desperate attempt at privacy — as they even refused to release where their son, Archie, was born, and who his godparents were.
But critics lambasted them as they continued to accept money from the British taxpayer.
In a documentary filmed in South Africa, the pair said they were unhappy — and Harry, 35, admitted that he had fallen out with his older brother, Prince William.
Although they were dubbed the “Fab Four,” William, wife Kate Middleton and Harry and Meghan, 38, split their royal foundation last year.
Harry and Meghan are launching their own Sussex Royal Foundation shortly.
So Harry, known as being dim-witted, is really severing his ties to not just his brother, William, but the royal family, whom Meghan had called “the family she never had” after ghosting her own father, half-siblings and uncles. Will he and Meghan give up their royal titles as Duke and Duchess of Sussex?
According to BBC correspondent Jonny Dymond:
A palace source tells the BBC that senior members of the Royal family feel “hurt” by the announcement that Harry and Meghan are to withdraw from their current Royal roles. The source confirmed that no members of the royal family were consulted.
To which journalist and TV broadcaster Piers Morgan tweets:
Wow. What a disgraceful way to treat The Queen. Shame on Harry & Meghan.
Sydney Morning Herald‘s London correspondent Latika M. Bourke tweets:
Queen ‘deeply upset’. [Princes] Charles and William ‘incandescent with rage’ reports
See also these FOTM posts on the duo:
- ‘Apolitical’ Prince Harry and Meghan Markle support charity against US-Mexico wall
- Eco-hypocrites: Prince Harry & Meghan took private jet to Ibiza for 5-day vacation
- Prince Harry says we need to put aside ‘greed, apathy and selfishness’ to protect the planet from climate destruction
- Multimillionaire white male Prince Harry whines he can’t get out of bed in morning because of state of world
- Rumors that Prince Harry & Meghan Markle had a surrogate baby
- EXIF data of photo of Prince Harry-Meghan Markle’s baby christening say it was taken 2 months prior
- Prince Harry and Meghan will raise their child as ‘gender fluid’
- Never in history have we had all three issues happening at once…
- Janet Yellen Just Poured Lighter Fluid On Every Small Bank In America
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- 2023: A Year When Everything Is Suddenly Breaking Loose All At Once
- Just wow! Elon is losing it bigly.
- Scott Adams: “It’s Going TOO FAR; I’m DANGEROUS Now; I’m Going to HATE You; White Men Are F…ING DONE” (GRAPHIC)
- 186 More Banks “Are At Risk Of Failure”, And That Could Push Us Into The Next Great Depression
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- WTF is up with Boot Club & Blackeyes?
- Ellen Brown: The Looming Quadrillion Dollar Derivatives Tsunami