The magnitude of the heat across the western United States through the coming week will be one for the record books, according to forecasters. And it’s not just how hot it will get that will set this particular heat wave apart from others the region has frequently endured in the past — it’s how long it will last.
The hot pattern could set dozens of new daily record highs through the middle of June, in addition to potentially setting new all-time high marks for the month as a whole in some locations.
The intense heat has prompted the National Weather Service (NWS) to issue excessive heat watches and warnings throughout California, southern Nevada, western and southern Arizona and Utah. Many of these alerts last through Friday, June 18.
The hot air began to build on Sunday with records falling from Arizona and California to Wyoming and Idaho. One of the longest-standing records to be broken was in Salt Lake City, where the mercury rose to 102 degrees Fahrenheit, breaking the date’s record of 100 from 1918. June 13, 2021, is now also the earliest instance of a 102-degree temperature in Salt Lake City, breaking the previous record from June 15, 1974, according to the NWS.
- Rothschilds, Rockefellers, and More Redpills
- The Case Against Trump is a Diversion From the Monetary Collapse and a Defeat in Ukraine
- “What I did NOT KNOW was that Mr Macron was not vaccinated. I did not know that most of the members of the government were not.”
- Things Are Starting To Get Really Crazy Out There…
- CDC Posts Airports Warning Signs Today March 31, 2023
- Italy is recognizing Bill Gates for who he really is!
- This is beyond disturbing!
- The Fed Just Broke EVERYTHING!! (This Is Bad)
- This $20 TRILLION Asset Class Is Starting To Collapse
- NYC – The Most Corrupt Legal System in the USA