Sharing is Caring!
- The RNC is filing suit together with the New York GOP and state and local office holders, including city council members who voted against the legislation
- ‘The RNC is suing to protect the integrity of our elections, and we stand ready to do the same wherever Democrats try to attack the basic security of your ballot’
- Our City Our Vote, a campaign that pushed for non-citizen suffrage, estimated that the new bill would add around 900,000 to the city’s voter rolls
- Lawful permanent residents of the city for at least 30 days, as well as those authorized to work in the U.S., including ‘Dreamers,’ will now be able to vote
- The New York City Council passed the law last month, and the city’s new mayor allowed the bill to automatically become law on Sunday.