Unlike private developers, Seattle doesn’t have to worry about making a profit (or even breaking even). There’s always more taxpayer dollars available for the taking!
From MyNorthwest.com: Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan is moving forward with her about $90 million plan to redevelop Discovery Park’s Fort Lawton into more than 200 affordable homes.
Fort Lawton is a former military base located in Seattle’s Discovery Park and near the Magnolia neighborhood.
The plan includes 85 homes for seniors, approximately 100 homes for low-income individuals and families, and up to 52 homes designated for ownership opportunities.
Senior housing will come equipped with support services. Rentals will be priced for households making up to 60 percent of the median area income. Homes for sale will be reserved for households under 80 percent of median area income.
Sixty percent of the site will be reserved for park and park-related uses.
The Army currently leases the land to Seattle, but avoids tax burdens if it transfers the acreage to the city. One catch: The land must be used for parks or homeless housing to get the tax breaks.
The latest draft updates the 2008 plan to make it consistent with the Fort Lawton Army Reserve Center Environmental Impact Statement issued in March 2018. The city also did community outreach and hosted public hearings to get additional input.
Durkan has scheduled a public meeting for Feb. 11 to take comments and said she would send the plan to Seattle City Council in upcoming weeks.
- Why Are Large Groups Of Animals, Insects And Birds Suddenly Walking In Circles All Over The Globe?
- China may have ‘passed the point of no return’ as Covid infections soar. Government has changed all protestors Covid QR codes to RED. Effectively locking them down.
- The tables are turning: Twitter is cleaning the house… Banning dangerous Leftists
- BIDEN MEDIA IS LYING TO YOU – No one is spending a dime, inflation at all time high, China dumping dollar, black Friday bust!
- Justin Trudeau, under oath: “I did not call people who were unvaccinated [bad] names.”
- US tightening to date continues to ripple through money and credit in an orderly sequence. Bank lending – the next shoe to drop. Michael Burry is now positioned for a crash. Expect a collapse of “everything” within the next four months?
- The Electric Car Hoax in 1 minute
- Supreme Court Case to Remove Biden On Docket. Finally Justice? Or is America Dead?
- ‘No one is waiting in line for Black Friday’
- The FTX story just gets wilder.