Link to the story: www.reuters.com/markets/us/wall-street-regulator-spell-out-push-overhaul-stock-trading-sources-2022-06-08/
After the GME/AMC run last year the SEC has decided to overhaul PFOF. This is how companies like RobinHood, TDAmeritrade and Etrade are able to offer commission free trading. In a nutshell, they intend to shut it down.
Out of one corner of their mouth they are claiming it is for our own good, that our orders are not being fulfilled at the best price because they are able to go to wholesale brokers directly rather than putting them up for auction. This allows them to make a fractional cent of money off each trade, which adds up enough to allow them to offer commission free trading.
Out of the other corner of their mouth I am hearing that this could put commission free trading out of reach, shutting down the entire business model that allow it to exist. This would drastically tamp down on retail’s ability to trade so much, which could make the markets less volatile.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Welcome To Hyperinflation Hell! US Studies Ways To Guarantee All Bank Deposits If Crisis Grows
- Many Companies Are Already On Their Second Round Of Mass Layoffs
- SClENTISTS WARN WE ARE ENTERING A MAGNETIC EXCURSION AND SOON HUMANS WILL BE EXTINCT – DONT BLAME THE MESSENGER
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB