The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) is a very broad measure of the stock market with over 2400 companies listed. So when the NYSE begins to underperform, market participants should pay attention!
Well, this has been happening over the past year… and it may be reaching a tipping point.
Below is a long-term ratio performance chart of the New York Stock Exchange to S&P 500 Index. You can see how the NYSE has turned lower of late in a topping-like formation.
More importantly, we ask if this topping formation could be a head and shoulders pattern? The last head and shoulders pattern of consequence appears at the Dot.com highs. Yikes!
Currently, this pattern bounced off of 12-year uptrend support. But with the banking news of late, this ratio is still trading on thin ice.
If this thing tips over at this support level, it would send an important cautionary message to the broader market. Stay tuned!
This article was first written for See It Markets.com. To see the original post CLICK HERE.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB
- Deadly Fungus Spreading Rapidly Through Hospitals
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Sending Depleted Uranium Munitions To Ukraine Is A War Crime Against The Ukrainian People
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Literally 20+ media taking images of two people