(Classical reference in headline.)
UPDATE (FROM GLENN): Eric Swalwell, call your office!
I read Obama’s essay, and while he did say, “let’s not excuse violence, or rationalize it, or participate in it,” at no point did he actually condemn it.
JACK DORSEY SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS PROMOTION OF DOMESTIC TERRORISM: Antifa’s Call to Violence Gets Free Rein on Twitter While Trump is Censored.
AMERICA’S NEWSPAPER OF RECORD: Powerful: Protesters Spell Out ‘Love’ With Burning Homes And Businesses.
APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION: Award-winning archaeologist gives detailed instructions on how to safely pull down obelisks as protesters topple statues of Confederate captain in Birmingham and racist politician in Nashville.
But was it aimed exclusively at Confederate statues? Some thought, as this Twitchy headline notes, that she was aiming much higher: WTAF?! Blue-checked professor tweets thread detailing exactly how to pull down the Washington Monument.
In his post earlier today at PJM, Steve Green screen-capped this Tweet from the history-smashing historian:
In her lengthy Twitter thread, Parcak added, “OK because this is twitter I need to clarify: PLEASE DO NOT PULL DOWN ACTUAL ANCIENT EGYPTIAN OBELISKS that was not the point of this thread.”
Why not? As I understand it, the Pharaohs were very bad guys (at least according to Cecil B. DeMille’s The Ten Commandments), particularly so by 2020 standards. Shouldn’t her instructions also apply to toppling the pyramids and the statue of Ramesses II? In any case, she and other “smash history” academics might want to ask themselves, “Are we the baddies?”
RIOTS IN THE AGE OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND SELFIES: ‘We came to riot:’ Illinois man is facing charges after he livestreamed himself lighting fires and throwing bombs at Minneapolis cops, authorities say.
ANNALS OF LEFTIST AUTOPHAGY: Editor of progressive newspaper celebrated protestors—then they stormed and trashed her office.
Exit quote: “I’m devastated. We are a progressive newspaper. Last night I was inside when the first brick was thrown.”
UPDATE: “Flashback to Moscow, 1937: ‘Dear Comrade Stalin: Please tell me what I’ve done wrong and how I can atone. Here in the Lubyanka, I await your wise judgment.’”
- A Horrifying Drought Is Causing Widespread Crop Failures Throughout The United States And Europe
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- Ron Paul: “With each passing day, the Biden Administration drifts further & further from reality… The painful economic realities of government spending and Fed inflation are staring every American in the face.”
- CDC is quietly deleting misleading information from their website. The following statement was removed from their website between July 16th and July 22nd
- China ending paper trading in Precious Metals On MONDAY, could be HUGE
- An EU Satellite captures a terrifying picture of Western Europe, almost looks like the Sahara
- A man apprehends a thief who sucker punched an elderly customer and stole his wallet and phone.
- Tom Fitton: “I’ve reviewed the warrant material released in response to Judicial Watch court request. It is all a scam.”
- Disturbing Proof They’re Quietly Deleting the Internet
- People Are Going To Go Absolutely Insane When Food Prices Double Or Triple From Current Levels