Mayor Bill de Blasio is permitting Black Lives Matter protesters to continue marching through city streets while the city is canceling all large events through September.
Speaking on CNN Thursday night, de Blasio said the demonstrators’ calls for social justice were too important to stop after more than a month of demonstrations have not led to an outbreak of coronavirus cases.
“This is a historic moment of change. We have to respect that but also say to people the kinds of gatherings we’re used to, the parades, the fairs — we just can’t have that while we’re focusing on health right now,” de Blasio told host Wolf Blitzer.
The exception came as New York’s rate of infections has remained consistent through the civil unrest over the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd.
If you want to know who rules over you, pay attention to those people you are not allowed to criticize.
LIFE IN THE CRAZY YEARS:
I have just been made aware that the following traffic sign is being displayed on Main Street. I have ordered that it be taken down immediately and am taking steps to find out how this happened. I apologize to the residents of Melrose. pic.twitter.com/BMGmFYcWfd
— Mayor Paul Brodeur (@MayorBrodeur) July 8, 2020
CNN’s Chris Cuomo admitted Wednesday evening that homicides are rising, but appeared to place the blame on states reopening rather than ongoing protests calling to defund the police.
Cuomo, alongside CNN’s Don Lemon, mocked “right-wing” media just one day earlier for reporting on rising crime in major cities – although statistics show that many cities have, indeed, seen rising crime. Cuomo appeared to backtrack Wednesday, admitting that homicides are spiking but claiming it is due to reopening the economy.
Trump declares New York City an Hell Hole!
h/t Glenn Reynolds
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- DOJ Just Straight Dropping The Mask
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- Top Biden energy advisor thinks it’s all very f*cking funny.
- It’s going to be a very cold summer for realtors, loan officers, movers, appraisers, contractors…
- They’ll come for your cars soon.
- You Will Never See This on the News
- COMMIEFORNIA: These Prices Are Insane!
- The FBI is So Out of Control They are Now Interrogating Low Level GOP Hacks
- Monkeypox Rising, Officials Ramp Up Testing, WHO Does Emergency Meeting