It don’t get much swampier than this.
Fusion GPS received hundreds of thousands of dollars in small-business loans during pandemic
By Jerry Dunleavy | July 08, 2020
(washingtonexaminer.com) – The group that hired British ex-spy Christopher Steele to put together his Trump-Russia dossier received hundreds of thousands of dollars under the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program.
Records show Bean LLC, the shell parent company for Fusion GPS, which was co-founded by former Wall Street Journal reporters Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch, received a loan amount between $350,000 and $1 million, according to ProPublica’s database. The Washington, D.C.-based opposition research firm’s loan was approved on April 14, the money was provided through Trustar Bank, and Fusion GPS claimed it would help retain 15 jobs.
The SBA states that any business “that derives over 50 percent of its gross annual revenue from political or lobbying” activity would be “ineligible” from the coronavirus pandemic loan program. But the New York Times reported that a host of Republican and Democratic lobbying firms, ad makers, and opposition shops received PPP loans totaling in the hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars. Among the groups that received the loans were left-wing Media Matters for America, which got between $1 million and $2 million, and the conservative Americans for Tax Reform, which got between $150,000 and $350,000.
Steele’s dossier compiled allegations tying Trump and his associates to Russia and the Kremlin during the 2016 presidential election and beyond…
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- DOJ Just Straight Dropping The Mask
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- Top Biden energy advisor thinks it’s all very f*cking funny.
- It’s going to be a very cold summer for realtors, loan officers, movers, appraisers, contractors…
- They’ll come for your cars soon.
- You Will Never See This on the News
- COMMIEFORNIA: These Prices Are Insane!
- The FBI is So Out of Control They are Now Interrogating Low Level GOP Hacks
- Monkeypox Rising, Officials Ramp Up Testing, WHO Does Emergency Meeting