The House and Senate Democrats do not care that the government is shut down. Nor do they care about the 800,000 federal employees who have been without pay since January 1, 2019. What they DO care about is thumbing their nose at Trump even as we now see that they were for Border Security and against illegal immigration, until Trump came along.
- 5.7 billion to fund a steel barrier system, including embedded investments in technology and roads, on our southern border in the priority areas cited by Border Patrol.
- This is in addition to the more than 115 miles of barriers already built, replaced, or contracted under President Trump.
- $805 million for technology, canines, and personnel to help stop the flow of illegal drugs, weapons and other contraband. This includes:
- $675 million for drug detection inspection technology to help secure our ports of entry.
- $130 million for canine units, training, personnel and portable scanners to help deter and detect smuggled narcotics, weapons, and other dangerous materials.
- $800 million dollars in humanitarian assistance, medical support, and new temporary housing.
- $782 million to hire an additional 2,750 border agents, law enforcement officers, and staff.
- $563 million to support our immigration court system, including hiring 75 new immigration judge teams to reduce the immigration court backlog of 800,000 cases.
His offer ALSO includes
3 years provisional status to current DACA recipients (700,000 of them)
3 years provisional status to about 300,000 TPS recipients
Yet Nancy, Dick Durbin, and all the rest of the Democrats screamed NO! before they even knew what offer was on the table.
And what is one the table very closely mirrors the BRIDGE Act from two years ago. And who was the co-sponsor with Senator Lindsey Graham on that legislation? A Democrat Senator named Dick Durbin (D-Illinois).
We must move on the Bridge Act quickly to protect DREAMers. t.co/k7ew0sQ3Lr
— Dick Durbin (@DickDurbin) December 11, 2016
Given Durbin’s stompy-footed NO tantrum yesterday and today regarding Trump’s proposal, this next tweet of his isn’t aging well at all.
The BRIDGE Act would ensure that millions of DREAMers remain in this country while we do our work in the House & Senate on immigration.
— Dick Durbin (@DickDurbin) January 4, 2017
Hey Dick, you aren’t working right now, you are throwing a tantrum. Barely two years ago you were ALL IN to keep DACA going and protect all DREAMers. But now you could care less because it’s Trump not Obama? Wow. Really not a good look for you dude!
Aspiring Presidential candidate Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) is on the defensive because of her pro-wall and border security stance in 2008.
As a member of the House, Gillibrand opposed amnesty for undocumented immigrants, called border security “a national security priority” and voted to increase funding for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
Now, however, she supports immigrants rights (as in, illegal immigrants rights are more valuable than those here LEGALLY), and wants ICE abolished. Because, FEELINGS!
So, border security is bad because people might be inconvenienced? Border security and walls strategically placed mean the U.S. is a big ole meanie to those trying to game the system and waltz into our country ILLEGALLY??
Asked about her previous stance on immigration and former opposition to amnesty, Kirsten Gillibrand says, "I would tell voters, 'look at my heart, see who I am.' I believe I have the courage and the compassion and fearless determination to do what's right" t.co/kljcbS9MBX pic.twitter.com/FJbm1EQmUO
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) January 20, 2019
Doing what is right evidently DOESN’T include doing what is right for the 800,000 federal employees by coming back to the negotiating table. Instead, her idea of what is right is marching in lockstep off the cliff with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi.
It’s obvious that Kirsten and the rest of the Democrat idiots in DC don’t want to pay attention to the 2017 Doctors Without Borders report that the White House has cited. One that states that over 30% of women who treck through Central America and Mexico to get to the U.S. border are sexually assaulted at some point along the way. This is the full report.
Dick and Kirsten aren’t the only ones who thought illegal immigration was wrong, so did Chuck Schumer. In fact, he said so on multiple occasions.