On Wednesday, Kroger (KR) named former U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao to its board of directors, sparking a flurry of backlash on Twitter from its customers, many of whom said they will no longer shop at the grocer’s stores over the appointment.
Chao’s role as on the board of directors at Kroger caught the attention of shoppers because she served under former President Donald Trump, causing many to call for a boycott of the chain’s stores.
Kroger was criticized by some Twitter users for hiring a former member of Trump’s Administration, with one Twitter calling out the grocery retailer in a post that said, “This is the last straw. I will NOT put 1 cent of my $$’s into Elaine Chao’s bank account.”
- Never in history have we had all three issues happening at once…
- Janet Yellen Just Poured Lighter Fluid On Every Small Bank In America
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- 2023: A Year When Everything Is Suddenly Breaking Loose All At Once
- Just wow! Elon is losing it bigly.
- Scott Adams: “It’s Going TOO FAR; I’m DANGEROUS Now; I’m Going to HATE You; White Men Are F…ING DONE” (GRAPHIC)
- 186 More Banks “Are At Risk Of Failure”, And That Could Push Us Into The Next Great Depression
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- WTF is up with Boot Club & Blackeyes?
- Ellen Brown: The Looming Quadrillion Dollar Derivatives Tsunami