A top Union Pacific Railroad official threatened to leave Los Angeles over the District Attorney’s progressive measures to lower criminal theft offenses amid a wave of criminal gangs looting rail cars.
Adrian Guerrero, Union Pacific’s director of public affairs, wrote a letter to LA County District Attorney George Gascón, denouncing the local government’s relaxed criminal policies, or rather “well-intentioned social justice goals,” as a catalyst for a wave of rail car thefts.
“We find ourselves coming back to the same results with the Los Angeles County criminal justice system. Criminals are caught and arrested, turned over to local authorities for booking, arraigned before local courts, charges are reduced to a misdemeanor or petty offense, and the criminal is released after paying a nominal fine,” wrote Guerrero.
He said most criminals robbing trains search for Amazon and UPS packages, are released back onto the streets within a day.
This opened package from @REI destined for Bainbridge Island, WA was taken off a train. Typing in the @UPS tracking # and it obviously lists it as “delayed.” We found lots of opened packages bound for the Northwest along this section of tracks. pic.twitter.com/dO82QoJhTT
— John Schreiber (@johnschreiber) January 13, 2022
- CRISIS IN SRI LANKA, No Gas, No Food, Country is Bankrupt, Politicians Being Beat, Murdered, Gov Buildings on Fire, Over 3000 killed in last 24 hours
- The Biggest Economic Danger Right Now? It’s Not the Stock Bubble or Inflation
- All card Machines down – This is happening Nationwide right this minute.
- Over a Million Italians Over 50 Fined for Refusing Deadly Vax
- Malnourished babies are being admitted to HOSPITALS across US
- We’ve never seen so much lying, bullshit and idiocy as attends this Fed collapsing this RECORD asset bubble at RECORD pace. While trapped gamblers circle jerk the whole way down.
- Here We Go Again: Monkey Pox!
- FOX NEWS finally showing the world what’s actually happening
- New York Post: Front Page: “Joe’s Train Wreck”
- The latest cover of the Economist…