Remains of six people have been recovered in the city of Paradise, Northern California, bringing the total number of casualties in both ends of the state to 31 people. Five people burned to death in their homes, while another person was found scorched in a vehicle on Sunday, Butte County Sheriff Cory Honea reported. Since the devastating blaze broke out on Thursday, 228 people have been missing, he said. The flames have spread to some 400 square miles (1,040 square km) as firefighters are still unable to contain the inferno. The California wildfire is the third deadliest fire in state’s history and the deadliest one since 1991.
The remains of 14 people, burned to death in and around the Northern Californian town of Paradise, were discovered on Saturday, bringing the death toll from the wildfires raging in California to 25 people. The new figures were announced by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection spokesman Scott Maclean, who said that the bodies were charred so badly that it was impossible to immediately identify the victims and establish the manner of their deaths. Paradise, some 90 miles (145 km) north of Sacramento, has been completely devastated by the blaze, with the authorities saying that up to 90 percent of the residents lost their homes. The death toll is expected to rise, as at least 35 people remain unaccounted for.
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically