Inflation indicators are “flashing red alarm” according to former US Treasury Secretary Larry Summers, who warns that the Biden administration’s economic stimulus “is providing demand well in excess over the next couple of years of any plausible estimate of the economy’s potential to produce.”
Y’think? Every survey of prices paid to US businesses, including several from regional Federal Reserve banks, shows the fastest price gains since 2007, just before the Great Financial Crash. Asia Times’ own calculations show that inflation already in the pipeline points to 4% year-on-year consumer price inflation and 8% wholesale price inflation by midsummer.
The former Treasury chief and Harvard University president might have added that the US government is doing everything possible to constrict the supply of factors of production at the same time that it pumps up demand.
- Tampax Sexualizing Periods Again
- Who Is Killing The Crypto Millionaires?
- At This Point They Aren’t Even Trying To Hide Who They Really Serve
- First Ever Americans Charged with Seditious Conspiracy
- Is Credit Suisse about to blow?
- Housing market crash is happening right now
- Michael Burry says the US economy will suffer a multiyear recession. He sees no way for authorities to end the downturn early and warns consumers will virtually exhaust their savings soon, tanking the economy.
- BIG LEAK– FDA COVID-19 Vaccine Working List Of Possible Adverse Event Outcomes
- Civil Unrest Explodes in China Over Lockdowns
- The Truth About The China Riots