The trucking industry is short 80,000 drivers, a record high, Chris Spear, President and CEO of the American Trucking Association, tells CNN.
That’s a 30% increase from before the pandemic, when the industry already faced a labor shortage of 61,500 drivers.
“That’s a pretty big spike,” Spear added. Many drivers are retiring, dropping out of the industry. Increased consumer demand, prompting a need for more drivers, also plays a big role in the shortfall.
See also Farm Moratorium? Democrats Are Intentionally Destroying Our Food Supply Over “Climate Change”
- Hillary Clinton leaked emails reason to get rid of Gadaffi
- Stagflation 2023: The Looming Economic Nightmare You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- Deutsche Bank Is On The Brink Of Collapse: Get Prepared For The Next Lehman Brothers Moment
- The US Dollar World Reserve Status is Officially Over
- Satan Has Become One Of The Hottest Spiritual Figures In America
- S686 Patriot Act 2.0 – This is the bill that lets them kick down your door and kill your dog because you are guilty for doubting the Biden regime.
- ‘Unsafe and ineffective’ Pfizer is going to court!
- US Banks are seeing the largest drop in bank deposits since the Great Financial Crisis and a ‘second wave’ is coming
- Shocking Biden hot-mic reveals how handlers program his every move WATCH. Yes, this is 100% real.
- The recession is here, the market crash is next.