by Chris Black
All this and the Fed has not even tightened yet.
Stocks Suffer Longest Losing Streak In 10 Years, Long-Bond Battered As Fed-Cred Crumbles t.co/v3BFoiporG
— zerohedge (@zerohedge) May 6, 2022
June should be an interesting month.
And the markets have not even woke up yet to the high inflation economy we are in now where corporations earnings/profits get decimated due to people having less discretionary income.
Will be interesting to see the earnings report for 3rd quarter this year.
And the market’s reaction.
In 2018 all hell broke loose when the 10 year reached today’s levels. Housing tanked and stock market sold off.
Interest rates were at 2.5% before Trump bullied Powell into submission.
I go on record and say 1.5% will collapse everything this time due to massive debt load. Most companies have survived by rolling over their debt at very low levels to support their money losing operations (Uber, Lyft, etc.).
The repo market will fall apart since much of the collateral will become questionable just like in 2018.
That’s when the real fireworks will start when credit dries up due to junk collateral.
- New York Post: Front Page: “Joe’s Train Wreck”
- A large fire is spreading from a pallet yard behind the US Foods distribution center in Phoenix, Arizona
- Madison Cawthorn Kicked Out of Congress for Blowing the Whistle on GOP Orgies and Calling Out Zelensky
- From 1958, 2003/06 – CDC Vaccine Adverse Events, Smallpox – Holy Hell
- A “Smallpox-Like Virus” Has Now Spread To Spain, Portugal And The United States
- UTTER CARNAGE: The Stock Market Is Coming Apart Like A 20 Dollar Suit As Fear Sweeps Through Wall Street
- CRISIS IN SRI LANKA, No Gas, No Food, Country is Bankrupt, Politicians Being Beat, Murdered, Gov Buildings on Fire, Over 3000 killed in last 24 hours
- 5th Circuit Court finds SEC operates unconstitutionally
- War Is Over But They Won’t Tell You
- The Biden Admin Calls for End of First and Second Amendment in Response to Buffalo Shooting