Financial crisis expert Bethany McLean warns of today’s precarious level of risk
by Adam Taggart
Investigative journalist Bethany McLean is an expert on crisis.
She has written New York Times best-selling books on the collapse of Enron (The Smartest Guys In The Room) as well as the mortgage industry and Wall Street abuses that led to the 2008 Great Financial Crisis (All The Devils Are Here and Shaky Ground).
So when she says she’s deeply worried about today’s macro environment, we’d better take notice.
Looking at the accelerating expansion of debt issuance, the red-hot run-up in the financial markets, and the economic uncertainty caused by the ongoing pandemic — Bethany concludes we’re at a precarious never-been-here-before moment in history, aka “uncharted territory”. And she sees good probability another major crisis may be around the corner.
She also sees a familiar dangerous lack of imagination in those both running and cheerleading the current system. Similar to the ‘rock stars’ at Enron, no one seems able to entertain the idea that things could get out of hand much faster than folks are prepared for.
Once glance at the current level of investor euphoria confirms this:
We’re farther from the historical average than we have ever been on this measure — as well as on so many other metrics we don’t have room to list them all here. We are truly in uncharted territory.
Which is why Bethany agrees that now, more than ever, is the time to partner with a financial advisor who understands the nature of the market risks in play as well as the opportunities, can craft an appropriate portfolio strategy for you given your needs, and apply sound risk management protection where appropriate:
Anyone interested in scheduling a free consultation and portfolio review with Mike Preston and John Llodra and their team at New Harbor Financial can do so by clicking here.
And if you’re one of the many readers brand new to Peak Prosperity over the past few months, we strongly urge you get your financial situation in order in parallel with your ongoing physical resilience preparations.
We recommend you do so in partnership with a professional financial advisor who understands the macro risks to the market that we discuss on this website. If you’ve already got one, great.
But if not, consider talking to the team at New Harbor. We’ve set up this ‘free consultation’ relationship with them to help folks exactly like you.
- Biden Tells NATO That the US Supreme Court is Destabilizing the World
- Rationing Has Already Started In Europe As The Entire Globe Plunges Into A Horrific Economic Nightmare
- Liz Cheney is gonna get smoked by this woman…
- Democrats don’t want to hear it, but this needed to happen…
- Are You Willing To Suffer Through A Recession For The Good Of “The Liberal World Order”?
- Black Privilege is Real in America
- A Quick Word on EVs and Oil Prices
- Zelensky Orders NATO to Pay $5 Billion a Month to Cover Costs of Pretending There’s a Chance to Win
- ‘Highly comical but sinister’ London LGBTQ+ flag display
- American Hypersonic Missile Test Fails Miserably