Progressives never think through the consequences of their “brilliant” ideas.
You know what you need when a burglar or rapist breaks into your home in the middle of the night? A social worker. Yeah, that’ll work out just A-OK.
“Thousands gathered for another weekend of protests in Minneapolis. Their chants calling for justice for George Floyd but also the defunding the Minneapolis Police Department.
As they marched down University Avenue in northeast Minneapolis on Saturday, thousands called for an end to the city’s police department. “There’s no real path forward without radical change,” one member of the rally said.
Organizers of the event are calling for a transition from traditional policing to what they describe as “community-led safety.”
“There could be a system of first responders similar to a police force but they should be members of the community, not living in suburbs,” said Jordan, another protester from St. Paul. “I think most the jobs that police do can be done by social workers. Let’s hire more social workers and pay them a really good living wage.”
The event organizers, Black Visions Collective, is calling on Mayor Jacob Frey and the city council to defund the police department. Several city council members have said they support such a plan.
“As we strengthen community networks and relationships there will be us looking out for one another so there will be fewer robberies and break-ins and such,” said Erika Thorne of Minneapolis.
“We’ve tried all these reform initiatives and all these programs,” said University of Minnesota student Sandrind Sugi. “There have been black mayors, there was a black president, and nothing has worked and at some point you have to cut it lose.”
Read the whole story here.
Don’t worry ladies if you are hesitant to arm yourself. Just pray that a neighbor saw the break-in and was looking out for you. Or make sure you have a full bladder.
Note this happened yesterday afternoon: “A veto-proof majority of Minneapolis City Council members will announce today their commitment to disbanding the city’s embattled police department following the killing of George Floyd.”
Good luck, Minneapolis.
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- You Will Be Shocked By How Much Money Is Being Pulled Out Of U.S. Banks, And Now The Biggest Bank In Germany Is In Trouble
- Weird war in Ukraine …
- This is how awesome Real Estate investments are in hyperinflation – Weimar example
- Walls are Closing In for Alvin Bragg. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for his arrest
- Mexico ready for war against America, as 500,000 march in support of Mexican sovereignty/military intervention
- Germany on STRIKE – Largest strike in decades – No public transport, railroads, airports….everything!
- This Guy Absolutely Nails It…
- We’re Heading Into A Recession And The Machines Are Betting On A Big Market Crash
- Rothschilds took their bank private by paying out all shareholders a 28% bonus to get it done as fast as possible a few weeks before the crisis