Filmmaker Kenya Barris said he will incorporate LGBTQ representation and other left-wing ideological themes when he remakes The Wizard of Oz.
Barris pledged not to let art and creativity deter him from telling “a story that reflects the world,” or at least the Left’s urban and coastal view of the world.
“Now we’re going to turn a mirror on where we’re at right now and take disparate characters from the LGBTQ community, from different cultural communities and socioeconomic communities, and tell a story that reflects the world,” he said, according to Variety.
“I think this is the best time to do that.”
Focusing on sexual identity and racism will be the modern equivalent of the struggle with the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl in the 1930s, Barris argued and said he hopes today’s themes will become permanent fixtures in film history.
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically