She don’t want to live in a black hood.
I wonder why.
- Patrisse Cullors, 37, has bought an expansive property in Topanga Canyon
- The district in which the BLM founder will now live is 88% white and 1.8% black
- Critics accused her of abandoning her social justice and activist roots
- Cullors has written a best-selling memoir and has a follow-up out in October
- In October she signed a ‘multi-platform, multi-year’ deal with Warner Bros
- BLM brought in $90 million in donations last year, it emerged in March
Patrisse Cullors, a 37-year-old ‘artist, organizer, and freedom fighter’, has bought a three bedroom, three bathroom house in Topanga Canyon, complete with a separate guest house and expansive back yard, reports
The home is described in the real estate listing as having ‘a vast great room with vaulted and beamed ceilings’.
The realtors write that the large back yard is ‘ideal for entertaining or quietly contemplating cross-canyon vistas framed by mature trees’.
The AP reported that Black Lives Matter took in $90 million in donations last year. It’s not clear if or how Cullors is paid by the organization, as its finances are opaque.