The federal government says it will not back down on its vaccination rule for cross-border truckers despite entrenched opposition from some drivers and groups claiming to represent their interests.
In a joint media statement released today, Transport Minister Omar Alghabra, Labour Minister Seamus O’Regan, Employment Minister Carla Qualtrough and Stephen Laskowski, the president of the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA), said COVID-19 vaccines are the “most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID-19” and protect public health.
In an interview with CBC’s Power & Politics, Alghabra said the government is not interested in alternatives like rapid testing for unvaccinated truckers. He said truckers and the wider industry have had months to prepare for the new regulations and drivers must now get the shot or stop driving over the border.
- CRISIS IN SRI LANKA, No Gas, No Food, Country is Bankrupt, Politicians Being Beat, Murdered, Gov Buildings on Fire, Over 3000 killed in last 24 hours
- All card Machines down – This is happening Nationwide right this minute.
- We’ve never seen so much lying, bullshit and idiocy as attends this Fed collapsing this RECORD asset bubble at RECORD pace. While trapped gamblers circle jerk the whole way down.
- The Biggest Economic Danger Right Now? It’s Not the Stock Bubble or Inflation
- Malnourished babies are being admitted to HOSPITALS across US
- Over a Million Italians Over 50 Fined for Refusing Deadly Vax
- New York Post: Front Page: “Joe’s Train Wreck”
- The latest cover of the Economist…
- FOX NEWS finally showing the world what’s actually happening
- Here We Go Again: Monkey Pox!