Following its stress test earlier this year, the Federal Reserve Board on Thursday announced the individual capital requirements for all large banks, effective on October 1. Those capital requirements ensure that the large banks tested will hold roughly $1 trillion in high-quality capital—enough to survive a severe recession and still be able to lend to households and businesses.
Large bank capital requirements are in part determined by the Board’s stress test results, which provide a risk-sensitive and forward-looking assessment of capital needs. The below table shows the total common equity tier 1, or CET1, capital requirements for each bank, which is made up of several components, including:
- Minimum capital requirement, which is the same for each firm and is 4.5 percent;
- The stress capital buffer, or SCB, requirement, which is determined from the stress test results, and is at least 2.5 percent; and
- If applicable, a capital surcharge for global systemically important banks, or G-SIBs, which is at least 1.0 percent.
The Board also affirmed the stress test results for one bank that requested reconsideration, HSBC North America Holdings Inc. The reconsideration process involved an independent group—separate from the stress testing group—that analyzed and evaluated the results. While affirming HSBC’s stress test results for this cycle, the Board also directed the staff to conduct a closer examination of issues raised in the reconsideration process to inform continuing improvements in its stress testing methodology for next year’s stress tests.
- Elon Musk: “It is a serious concern -> The damage done to the credibility of AI by ChatGPT engineers building in political bias is irreparable
- New Zealand Reddit Users Can’t Figure Out Why They Keep Getting More Sick and For Longer: “this time the phlegm is so bad it’s difficult to breathe…
- SOMETHING HUGE IS COMING
- We Just Witnessed An Economic Sign That Hasn’t Happened Since The Peak Of The Great Depression In 1932
- We Are About To See The Biggest Escalation Of The War In Ukraine So Far
- New York Times Claims That Lockdowns Never Happened
- Israel is forming a military coalition to attack Iran (USA and France are already in)
- Food Shortages Are Starting To Become Quite Serious All Over The Planet
- 82% miss! AMAZON
- CDC Now Admits There Are Severe & Long-Lasting Side Effects From Covid Vaccines