iPhone users who have installed Apple’s latest software update, iOS 14.6, are complaining that it’s draining their batteries — sometimes killing a full charge in mere hours.
Many owners of older iPhone models complained about the update’s destructive impact on battery life.
“The situation is so bad that I can not work with the iPhone 7 for 2 hours and it runs out of charge,” one said.
But the issue is reportedly hitting even Apple’s most recent iPhone models. “14.6 is draining my iPhone 12 Pro battery……………………,” one user wrote.
“iOS 14.6 includes the option to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch while wearing a face mask, adds support for AirTag, and introduces separate skin tone variations for emoji with couples. Siri adds more diverse voice options, and App Tracking Transparency lets you control which apps are allowed to track your activity across other companies’ apps and websites.”
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
— socrates (@JLabitte) June 3, 2021
Hey your update 14.6 is draining my battery and now my phone holds a charge for like 30 min vs 8 hrs with the last update (which greatly improved battery function). My phone’s basically trash now. Whyyyyyyy?
— Ryan Aument hates workers and voters (@mrosehines) June 4, 2021
We can understand wanting more battery life and can assist with what you’re seeing. Which model iPhone are you using? If you check Settings > Battery > Battery Health, what number is there? Let us know in DM, please, and we’ll continue there. t.co/GDrqU22YpT
— Apple Support (@AppleSupport) June 4, 2021
YouTube channel iAppleBytes found “terrible results” in battery performance with the new update, and demonstrated the battery performance in a video test.
Two of the earliest models tested, the iPhone SE and the iPhone 6S, died within three hours, while the iPhone SE2020 died in just over three hours.
“This is the still worst battery result I have ever seen on my devices,” iAppleBytes concluded at the end of the video, which was posted on May 24. “Your experience may be different, but this is not something I have seen on a similar scale before. Fingers crossed for a quick iOS 14.6.1…”
h/t Anon Braveheart
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically