- Bill will remove statues and busts of Confederacy supporters from Congress
- It includes a bust of Roger Taney, the U.S. chief justice best known for his Dred Scott pro-slavery decision
- The statue of the President of the Confederacy Jefferson Davis will also go
- Democrats were unanimous in their support for the bill and were joined by 67 Republicans, with the bill passed by a vote of 285-120.
- ‘Let me state a simple fact. All the statues being removed by this bill are statues of Democrats,’ House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said before the vote
The House voted Tuesday to remove the bust of Chief Justice Roger Taney and statues of Confederate President Jefferson Davies and others who supported the Confederacy from the U.S. Capitol.
Democrats were unanimous in their support for the bill and were joined by 67 Republicans, with the bill passed by a vote of 285-120.
The vote comes after House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy accused Democrats on the House Floor of trying to hide their party’s ‘shameful’ racist past.
‘Let me state a simple fact. All the statues being removed by this bill are statues of Democrats,’ the Republican leader said, adding that he planned to vote in favor of the legislation. ‘I think the bill should go further. Maybe it’s time the Democrats change the name of their party.’
- Rothschilds, Rockefellers, and More Redpills
- Things Are Starting To Get Really Crazy Out There…
- Walmart Reports A Large Number Of Store Closings As Catastrophic Retail Collapse Intensify
- These Economic Numbers Are Staggering
- Hillary Clinton leaked emails reason to get rid of Gadaffi
- ‘Unsafe and ineffective’ Pfizer is going to court!
- 29 DEMS JOIN REPUBLICANS TO BLOCK BIDEN
- The US Dollar World Reserve Status is Officially Over
- FRANCE – Now largely ignored by world media.
- The Entire World Economy Could COMPLETELY COLLAPSE At Any Moment.