A second more deadly strain of corona virus hits Beijing! China claims virus brought in from Europe!
Authorities in Beijing have described the city’s coronavirus outbreak as “extremely severe” as dozens more cases emerged and travel from the city was curtailed.
Additional neighbourhoods were fenced off on Tuesday, with security checkpoints set up at residential compounds, and high-risk people – such as close contacts of people who test positive – prevented from leaving the city.
“The epidemic situation in the capital is extremely severe,” Beijing city spokesman Xu Hejian warned at a press conference. “Right now we have to take strict measures to stop the spread of Covid-19.”
More than 20 neighbourhoods in the Chinese capital have now been designated medium risk, which means authorities can impose stricter restrictions on the movement of people and cars and can carry out temperature checks. Health authorities said sealed-off residences and people in quarantine would have food and medicine delivered to them.
* Coronavirus outbreak in Beijing rises to 106 cases over 5 days
* Authorities impose curbs on travel from Chinese capital
* Neighbourhood restrictions, checks ramped up (Adds cuts in bus services, mass testing for restaurant workers in Beijing)
BEIJING, June 16 (Reuters) – Beijing’s scramble to contain a coronavirus outbreak, just over a week after containment measures had been eased and life had returned to near-normal, is disrupting activity for many residents and fueling concerns of further tightening.
Many expressed faith in the city’s ability to control the latest outbreak, but others expressed renewed anxiety.
Measures have been strictest in the southwestern district of Fengtai, home to the sprawling Xinfadi wholesale market, thought to be the origin of the latest outbreak that emerged late last week, which has infected 106 people.
VIRUS HOTSPOT: WEST VIRGINIA CHURCHES…
Cases surging in Alabama, South Carolina and Oklahoma…
Health workers feel toll…
AMAZON deploys AI-based tech to maintain social distancing at warehouses…
Casinos to say good-bye to cash?
Rush to disinfect offices a chemical concern…
Businesses ask patrons to waive right to sue if they get ill…
Texas Gov. Abbott scolds 20-somethings for not wearing masks…
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Are They Actually Trying To Crash The Economy On Purpose?
- UBS may bail out of the Credit Suisse deal, too many issues.
- UKRAINE WAR ENDING?
- To the moon! The interest payments of the US Government as old debt is rolled into new one.
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- Elon Musk responds to Biden’s bullshit nationalization of land in Texas