I have been a big fan of yahoo finance and google finance. But after google finance revamped the site and yahoo-fin seems to be always putting more ads, I have started looking at other tools. I have come across bunch of them and they have done a good job.
The ones I am using are wallmine.com, snaptrade.us and finviz.com
Pros and cons of yahoo-fin:
- Well laid out site.
- You get realtime quotes
- Great original content, videos and news
- Watchlist and screener has basic elements.
- negatives: Too many ads in the news section. When I look for news for a ticker , First 4-5 articles are all news and I need to scroll down a lot to see a real piece of news. Also it is not quite easy sometimes to figure out which is ad and which is not in the news section
Pros-cons of Google – New Google Fin is mobile friendly and very much search focused. Its a positive end here 🙂
- negatives: If you have seen old google finance in desktop, you may not use new google fin.
- I miss all these nice charting, watchlist, recently viewed stocks, watchlist, compare any two or multiple stocks at a time
SnapTrade.us – A new site, but has really great set of features a cool black UI. Though the black background may not work for everyone – It has all the great stuff from old google-finance and yahoo. – No ads, clean site – Watchlist has easy way to group stocks thru tagging.
– Recently viewed sticks is a cool feature. I think they have copied from old google, but it looks great. – You can share watchlist with your friends. I follow a YouTube stock dude and he shared his watchlist, so I automatically get updates when he updates with new picks. – They have got a good scanner, somewhat like robinhood collection, but better. I was able to get some tips on Splunk in the upcoming earning section, and bought it and made money 🙂
- There is a discovery section which seems to have lot of technical indicator. Since I am not into technicals, I don’t get it much
- Price alerts
- Negatives: quotes are not realtime, 5 minutes delayed. I am a realtime guy.
- The site some tiles lags, but I have seen they improved
- Not optimized for mobile, mobile interface is so-so.
FinViz – Has a great home page. Earnings before and after market close list is very handy
- Lots of indicators in the charts
- The coolest heat map of the market among all websites
- Negatives : Ads are very irritating.
- They have got some great features from google finance.
- Home page has a great market snapshot
- Negatives: not much, other than home page has too much info.
Disclaimer: Consult your financial professional before making any investment decision.
- China Just Made A Move That Could Literally Provoke A Major War With The United States
- Canada: Housing prices are collapsing and jobless increases. 1/6 homeowners in Canada own 4 or more properties.
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- It is a totalitarian system: The FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago and trying to criminalize opposition to the regime. NEVER in the history of the United States has the FBI ever carried out such a raid.
- Asian television: ‘More people are dying from the Vaccine than from Covid’…
- Brazilian Police Officer reminds unruly citizen this ain’t America
- How “Big Woke” Destroyed the Film Industry
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- An Attempt To Summarize The Current State Of Our Country In Just 12 Tweets
- Next leg lower will wipe out what’s left of the remaining hopefools