Every analyst, from ever notable firm. All wrong.
NOBODY has a clue about anything. Change my mind?
Amazon falls 7% after-hours after earnings miss
Amazon (AMZN) reported third quarter earnings on Thursday that missed on profit but exceeded Wall Street’s revenue expectations, with sales getting a boost from Prime Day deals, the implementation of one-day shipping and a bevy of new Echo and Fire TV devices.
Yet the weak results sent the retail giant’s shares, which ended trading at $1,780.78, tumbling over 7% in post-market trading.
Here were the key numbers, according to a consensus forecast from Bloomberg:
Revenue: $70 billion vs. $68.7 billion expected
GAAP earnings per share: $4.23 vs. $4.58 expected
Amazon Web Services: $9 billion vs. $9.19 billion expected
Much of the quarter’s upside was driven by Amazon Prime’s higher membership price tag, and the rollout of free next-day delivery announced in April — leading to a 24% boost in sales and cash flow from the comparable year-ago quarter.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Welcome To Hyperinflation Hell! US Studies Ways To Guarantee All Bank Deposits If Crisis Grows
- Many Companies Are Already On Their Second Round Of Mass Layoffs
- SClENTISTS WARN WE ARE ENTERING A MAGNETIC EXCURSION AND SOON HUMANS WILL BE EXTINCT – DONT BLAME THE MESSENGER
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB