At the end of 2019 Mayor Bill de Blasio claimed that New York City Is ‘safest big city in America.”
Demorats….delusional as always.
Excerpts from the NY Post report:
“New York is in a State of Decline. Despite the nation’s longest economic expansion, the Empire State is actually losing population, an analysis of US Census data released Monday reveals.
The total state population as of mid-2019 was 19,453,561 — a drop of 76,790, or 0.4 percent, from the previous year, according to the study by the Empire Center for Public Policy.
New York was one of only 10 states to suffer a total population decline in 2018-19 — its fourth consecutive annual decrease after five years of growth, and the largest population drop of any state. Only West Virginia, Alaska and Illinois saw their populations fall at a faster percentage clip.
“You’d think with a strong economy, New York wouldn’t be losing population,” said the Empire Center’s E.J. McMahon, author of the report.
He surmised that the high cost of living may be catching up with the Big Apple region, historically a magnet for newcomers that offset population losses in economically struggling upstate.
Not anymore. New York’s population has been stagnant over the past decade, with a modest 75,459 increase in residents since 2010, a growth rate of just 0.4 percent, ranking 46th-lowest out of 50 states.
Stagnant growth has real consequences. The state will likely lose at least one and possibly two congressional seats — and political clout — after the next official decennial census count because of its failure to grow compared to other states.
By comparison, the total estimated US population of 328,239,523 was up about 1.6 million over the 2018 total. Since 2010, the national population has increased by 19,493,985, or 6.3 percent — nearly 16 times the New York rate.”
Read their whole story here.
- Ellen Brown: The Looming Quadrillion Dollar Derivatives Tsunami
- Janet Yellen Just Poured Lighter Fluid On Every Small Bank In America
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- Ron DeSantis unveils legislation to BAN Central Bank Digital Currency in Florida, protecting citizens from a grave threat to civil liberties…
- Never in history have we had all three issues happening at once…
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- People are crashing…
- Armstrong: WOKE Culture is Destroying the Economy & our Nation
- 2023: A Year When Everything Is Suddenly Breaking Loose All At Once