Sen. Rand Paul (R‑KY) announced Monday that he cancelled his at-home DirecTV subscription after the TV provider moved to drop One America News Network.“Why give money to people who hate us?” the GOP senator declared on Twitter..@DIRECTV is cancelling @OANN so I just cancelled my home Direct TV. Why give money to people who hate us?— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) January 17, 2022
DirecTV is set to drop OANN’s parent company, Herring Networks Inc., when its contract expires in April. The conservative network will be booted off the channel lineup in the spring, according to a scoop from Bloomberg reported Friday.Paul’s stand against DirecTV comes after former President Donald Trump joking about the Make America Great Again movement boycotting AT&T, the owner of DirecTV, at the Save America rally in Florence, Arizona, on Saturday evening.“I’m not going to use the word, ‘boycott.’ I will not say, ‘Boycott AT&T!’ I promised Robert I will not do it. So I will not say, ‘Boycott them!’ ” Trump jested.Trump alludes to One America News Network getting dropped by DirecTV and laments that the channel is “threatened” by “the woke executives” at AT&T. He goes on to suggest people should boycott AT&T. pic.twitter.com/0lho5yV0g0— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) January 16, 2022
In a press statement, DirecTV said the company made the controversial decision that ignited outrage on the right “following a routine internal review.“A DirecTV spokesperson told NPR that the company looks at a wide variety of factors in deciding whether to renew a contract. The question for DirecTV was whether OANN’s programming appeals to a broad enough base of customers, given in …
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Are They Calling For An Insurrection?
- NATO Will Do Nothing if Russia Invades Estonia
- The Destruction of Future Generations is on Full Speed
- Todays SCOTUS ruling was the biggest gift to the DNC.
- Summer Preview: Rolling Blackouts, Higher Gas Prices, Natural Gas Rationing In Europe And A Historic Diesel Crisis
- The Gun Control Bill Has Passed The Senate 65-33
- Teachers are now ARMED in New Mexico, When asked if students felt safer, ALL students raised their hands. Every. Single. One.
- Buying an Illegal Gun in New York City Has Always Been Easy
- You Will Never See This on the News