McCabe and at least a half-dozen other FBI employees quit, retired, were fired or were reassigned as a result of fallout from the politicization of the FBI. Yet, as Barack Obama left office, his chief of staff, Denis McDonough, strangely boasted that the Obama administration “has been historically free of scandal.” Obama himself recently concluded of his eight-year tenure, “I didn’t have scandals.”
Those were puzzling assertions, given nearly nonstop scandals during Obama’s eight years in office involving the IRS; General Services Administration; Peace Corps; Secret Service; Veterans Administration; and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, not to mention the Clinton email server scandal, the Benghazi scandal and the 2016 Democratic National Committee email scandal.
For nearly eight years, the Obama administration sought to cover up serial wrongdoing by waging a veritable war against the watchdog inspectors general of various federal agencies.
In 2014, 47 of the nation’s 73 inspectors general signed a letter alleging that Obama had stonewalled their “ability to conduct our work thoroughly, independently, and in a timely manner.”
The frustrated nonpartisan auditors cited systematic Obama administration refusals to turn over incriminating documents that were central to their investigations. . . .
In 2014, an internal audit revealed that CIA officials had hacked the Senate Intelligence Committee’s computers while compiling a report on enhanced interrogation techniques. CIA Director John Brennan had claimed that his agents were not improperly monitoring Senate staff computer files. He was forced to retract his denials and apologize for his prevarication.
In 2016, the State Department’s inspector general found that Hillary Clinton had never sought approval for her reckless and illegal use of an unsecured private email server. The IG also found that staffers who were worried about national security being compromised by the unsecured server were silenced by other Clinton aides.
Still, Obama was right in a way: A scandal does not become a scandal if no one acts on findings of improper behavior.
It was wall-to-wall corruption, but the press didn’t care because Obama was a sharp-creased Democrat.
And during the entire six years the Republicans controlled Congress they did almost nothing to address these matters. Thanks John and Mitch. GOPe delenda est.
- Tampax Sexualizing Periods Again
- Who Is Killing The Crypto Millionaires?
- At This Point They Aren’t Even Trying To Hide Who They Really Serve
- First Ever Americans Charged with Seditious Conspiracy
- Is Credit Suisse about to blow?
- Housing market crash is happening right now
- Michael Burry says the US economy will suffer a multiyear recession. He sees no way for authorities to end the downturn early and warns consumers will virtually exhaust their savings soon, tanking the economy.
- BIG LEAK– FDA COVID-19 Vaccine Working List Of Possible Adverse Event Outcomes
- Civil Unrest Explodes in China Over Lockdowns
- The Truth About The China Riots