Image via @BarackObama on Twitter
By Bob Shanahan
Spygate is the biggest political scandal in political history. The embedding of an FBI spy in the Trump campaign and the Obama administration’s illegal wiretapping and unmasking of targets in the Trump camp reveal dangerous and unprecedented acts of collusion against the most transformational president in our recent history.
The liberal mainstream media are pushing against this reality of course but the evidence is incontrovertible and the real Obama is being shown for the blatant criminal he truly is. “Spygate,” the false allegation that the FBI had a spy in the Trump campaign, explained, reads Vox’s typically incurious and misleading headline. Other headlines in a similar vein are blasting across the media’s propaganda waves as they attempt to tamp down this bombshell.
On Wednesday, President Trump asserted that Spygate will turn out to be “one of the biggest political scandals in history!” The 45th president of the United States is correct in this assessment. FBI source and former Cambridge professor Stefan Halper had contact with at least three advisers during the Trump campaign to create a link between the Russians and Donald Trump.
Needless to say, he came up empty and so has Mueller’s special counsel.
Trump is taking on the massive, power-hungry, and unelected Deep State cabal in Washington and he should fear for his life and political future because of it. The president claimed he is ‘‘caught in a major SPY scandal the likes of which this country may never have seen before!’’
Michael Barone correctly calls Obama’s spying on Trump a departure from norms in a recent article on Townhall.com.
“F.B.I. Used Informant to Investigate Russia Ties to Campaign, Not to Spy, as Trump Claims,” read The New York Times headline one week ago, attempting to downplay the seriousness of this scandal. Trump was not paranoid when he claimed that Obama tapped Trump Tower’s phones. It’s actually much worse than that. Obama dramatically expanded the intelligence gathering apparatus in an attempt to destroy the Donald’s chances at becoming president and ensure Hillary Clinton would win the presidency despite her well-documented crimes and corruption. This was not done for the nation’s good or our national security, a now overused and tired excuse. It was purely political and downright illegal.
Luckily this national security stance did not exist when Richard Nixon wiretapped the Democratic National Committee’s headquarters in 1972. It’s an argument that evidently didn’t occur to Richard Nixon’s defenders when it became clear that Nixon operatives had burglarized and wiretapped the DNC’s headquarters 46 years ago.
Up until the end of Obama’s two terms, almost all Americans were rightly frightened at the government or its intelligence agencies spying or using informants on political campaigns, especially of the opposing party. Liberals used to be suspicious of the FBI and the CIA. But Obama can do no wrong! And today, they claim the national security state can do no wrong!
Politics and hypocrisy go hand in hand.
In both cases, Watergate and Spygate, “the incumbent administration regarded the opposition’s unorthodox nominee as undermining the nation’s long-standing foreign policy and therefore dangerous to the country,” Barone writes. While McGovern wanted to put a stop to traditional Cold War policy, Trump decried the country’s policies on NATO, Mexico, Iran, and Russia.
Obama's secret is out. pic.twitter.com/baI97JzyvF
— thebradfordfile™ (@thebradfordfile) May 23, 2018
After two years of investigation into Trump collusion with Russia to win the election, neither Obama’s spy nor Robert Mueller’s investigation have found any evidence to speak of. “None of Mueller’s indictments points in that direction, and Trump’s foreign policy over 16 months has been far less favorable to Russia than Obama’s,” Barone points out.
Both Spygate and Watergate were initially started over fears that the populist opposition might actually win. Nixon didn’t even need Watergate as his re-election was assured, but that was not known at the time. It seems Democrats had doubts about Hillary Clinton’s electability from the start, despite the Donald’s rise to the Republican nomination and their claims of confidence in their eternally ineffective female candidate.
However, in Watergate, the burglars were arrested in the act and their wiretaps never actually worked. Spygate, on the other hand, involved excessive FBI and CIA cooperation and included a post-election cover-up. A disturbing and troubling reality that is being dismissed by the Democrats and their accomplices in the mainstream media. The Russian collusion narrative is all a farce initiated by the Deep State, the failed Clinton campaign, and the liberal media to oust a democratically elected president from office.
“Has an outgoing administration ever worked to delegitimize and dislodge its successor like this?” Barone asks. Most unprecedented is the “dangerous departure from norms” of “Obama officials seeking to overturn the results of the 2016 election,” Barone concludes.
A revolt is underway in the FBI as a result of this rampant collusion perpetrated by the intelligence agency’s politically-mischievous leaders.
Rank and file FBI agents are “sickened” by former FBI directors Comey and McCabe and want to “come forward and testify, according to reports from the Daily Caller, citing three active field agents and former federal prosecutor Joe DiGenova.
“There are agents all over this country who love the bureau and are sickened by [James] Comey’s behavior and [Andrew] McCabe and [Eric] Holder and [Loretta] Lynch and the thugs like [John] Brennan–who despise the fact that the bureau was used as a tool of political intelligence by the Obama administration thugs,” former federal prosecutor Joe DiGenova told The Daily Caller Tuesday.
“They are just waiting for a chance to come forward and testify.”
Let’s hope we get to hear their testimony out in the open.
Not surprisingly, the GREAT Men & Women of the FBI are starting to speak out against Comey, McCabe and all of the political corruption and poor leadership found within the top ranks of the FBI. Comey was a terrible and corrupt leader who inflicted great pain on the FBI! #SPYGATE
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 24, 2018
Investigative Journalist Sharyl Attkisson is doing some groundbreaking work in her new role uncovering the truth amidst an endless stream of mainstream media propaganda. She left CBS a few years ago because of her frustration over the network’s liberal bias, lack of dedication to investigative reporting, and outsize influence by the network’s corporate partners. She felt that her work was no longer reported and encountered constant pushback to get her stories on the air.
In a recent piece in The Hill, Attkisson outlines eight signs pointing to a counterintelligence operation deployed against the Trump campaign.
She starts with a disclaimer saying it still may be true that Trump conspired with Russia, but this has yet to be proven after a two year search by the nation’s top intelligence operatives. “But there’s a growing appearance of alleged wrongdoing equally as insidious, if not more so, because it implies widespread misuse of America’s intelligence and law enforcement apparatus,” she writes.
Here are the eight signs of a politically-motivated counterintelligence operation deployed against Trump, as compiled by Attkisson.
- Code name
- “Crossfire Hurricane” was at least one code name the operation had that was leaked to The New York Times.
- Wiretap fever
- At least seven of Trump’s associates were secretly wiretapped, including Steve Bannon, Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, and Jared Kushner. The FBI started its wiretapping back in June 2016, six months before the supposedly controversial conversation Flynn had with Sergey Kislyak, Russia’s ambassador. Trump campaign adviser Carter Page was wiretapped four times by the FBI starting in July 2016. Page had offices connected to Trump Tower and reports having spent “many hours in Trump Tower.” Surveillance was also used to listen in on three Trump transition officials in Trump Tower (Flynn, Bannon and Kushner).
- National security letters
- These letters were used by the FBI to obtain phone records and other documents. They conveniently bypass judicial approval and have been regularly abused by Mueller and the FBI.
- At least four top Obama officials who are virulently anti-Trump (James Clapper, Samantha Power, Sally Yates, and Susan Rice) regularly revealed names of Americans caught communicating with foreign targets. Power made near-daily unmasking requests throughout 2016. Rice admitted to unmasking names of U.S. citizens after loudly claiming that she had no such knowledge on the matter. Clapper admitted to requesting the unmasking of “Mr. Trump, his associates or any members of Congress.”
- Changing the rules
- On December 15, 2016, the same day the government listened to Trump officials at Trump Tower, Rice unmasked the names of Bannon, Kushner, and Flynn. Clapper expedited a new rule allowing the National Security Agency to share surveillance within the government without regular privacy protections.
- Media strategy
- John Brennan and James Clapper have hit the national news circuit to help shape the narrative in their favor. Clapper leaked political opposition research against Trump to CNN in the fall of 2017 and was subsequently hired as a political analyst at CNN. In February, Brennan became a paid analyst for MSNBC.
- A steady stream of leaks, most false and almost all damaging to Trump, have been a constant recurrence throughout Trump’s journey to the White House. Notable leaks include the wiretapping of Flynn, the anti-Trump “Steele dossier, and Comey’s memos recording private conversations and criticisms of Trump.
- Friends, informants and snoops
- Now we get to today’s Spygate scandal. The FBI appears to have used one-time CIA operative Stefan Halper in 2016 as an informant to spy on Trump and his campaign. Comey friend and Columbia law professor Daniel Richman leaked Comey’s memos attacking Trump to the New York Times shortly after Comey was fired. Incredibly, Richman worked for the FBI under a “Special Government Employee” status. And most egregious, the FBI used Glenn Simpson, his political research firm Fusion GPS, and ex-British spy Christopher Steele to compile fabricated allegations from Trump which were ultimately used as the “evidence” to initiate the ceaseless wiretapping and instigate the Trump-Russia collusion case.
“Trump should be happy that the FBI was SPYING on his campaign” No, James Clapper, I am not happy. Spying on a campaign would be illegal, and a scandal to boot!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 23, 2018
More to come from Sharyl Attkisson’s eye-opening investigation in parts two and three of SPYGATE: The 21st Century’s Watergate, to be released later today.
Follow me @BobShanahanMan
Bob is a freelance journalist and researcher. He remains forever skeptical of the mainstream media narrative and dedicated to uncovering the truth. Bob writes about politics (in DC and CA), economics, cultural trends, public policy, media, history, real estate, Trump Derangement Syndrome, and geopolitics. Bob grew up in Northern California, went to college in Southern California, and lived 4+ years in Seattle. He now lives in sunny Sacramento. His writing also appears in Citizen Truth and has been posted on ZeroHedge.