by Mark Angelides
After the outright failure of every other plan to get President Trump removed from office, the latest DNC gambit involves invoking the 25th Amendment to have him declared unable to “discharge the Powers and Duties of said office”. As evidence for this, they are setting out his Tweets. While many who are familiar with the 25th Amendment (unlike the internet trolls who are jumping at anything to fuel their indignation), feel that it would be impossible to pull off, there is one way in which it could succeed; and the author Mario Puzo was the guy who thought it up.
In Puzo’s stunning book, The 4th K, a group of wealthy businessmen who control much of the Media, hatch a plot with complicit politicians to remove the President from office using the 25th Amendment. Their only problem was that they could not get the Vice President or the Executive Cabinet onboard. And this is where section 4 comes into play:
“Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.”
“or of such other body as Congress may by law provide”. In the novel, Congress voted themselves the “Other body”.
This whole exercise may seem like just another bit of sensationalist headline grabbing to try and keep Trump tied up until the next election, but these Senators and Congressmen/women have teams of Constitutional lawyers working day and night to try and remove the President. If Mario Puzo (smart and wonderful though he was) could come up with scenario, you can bet that the lawyers can, too.
If they went ahead with this, it would follow this route: Congress says he is unfit, Trump responds that he feels “fabulous”, and then a two third majority vote would be needed to remove him. And although the Republicans have the majority, it is not accurate to say that Trump has majority support of Congress Republicans.
The saddest part of this is that the DNC have tried every way they can possibly think of to derail this Presidency, except come up with better policies. The system is wrong and broken, but it is the one we have; and as such the people deserve a government that works in their best interests. The Democrat’s policies have been rejected, stop wasting time and start coming up with legislation that the People want.
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The World Is Collapsing Around Us And The Crowd Is No Longer Hedged
- Social Security payments: Millions of SSI recipients to get two checks worth up to $1,652 next month
- Democrats just screwed the whole country…
- Pennsylvania’s Unemployment Is Insolvent & Now Sending Notices To Claimants Who’ve Received Full Benefits To PAY IT ALL BACK.
- Now They Are Literally Bowing Down And Worshipping Baal Right In Front Of Our Eyes
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- One Of The Most Tragic Things That I Have Read In A Long Time
- AOC..after only a few years on the squad..Net Worth 29 MILLION
- Recession is here and major liquidity squeeze on-going. US Treasuries expect a Fed pivot and either deep US recession or shortage of collateral. Neither look great for stock markets