President Donald Trump’s White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and Vice President Mike Pence reportedly said Saturday that Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi are blocking a bill to provide pay for the Coast Guard.
Lack of pay for the Coast Guard — which does not exist under the Department of Defense, which is funded — is a Democrat talking point in their failed efforts to end the government shutdown. Pelosi is refusing to consider President Trump’s latest compromise offer, which would provide amnesty for DACA recipients in exchange for a border Wall.
The White House’s assertion rings true, if history is any indicator.
Concerned about U.S. Coast Guard forces losing a paycheck in the partial government shutdown, President Trump personally urged his team to find a solution that would allow the administration to make this week’s $75 million payroll, according to officials.
Trump stepped in on Wednesday, calling on top lawyers and staffers to determine if the Coast Guard could make payroll despite being included in the shutdown that has impacted about 25 percent of the government, including the Department of Homeland Security, which houses the Coast Guard.
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- DOJ Just Straight Dropping The Mask
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- Top Biden energy advisor thinks it’s all very f*cking funny.
- It’s going to be a very cold summer for realtors, loan officers, movers, appraisers, contractors…
- They’ll come for your cars soon.
- You Will Never See This on the News
- COMMIEFORNIA: These Prices Are Insane!
- The FBI is So Out of Control They are Now Interrogating Low Level GOP Hacks
- Monkeypox Rising, Officials Ramp Up Testing, WHO Does Emergency Meeting