Well this is sad. Any wonder why more than a quarter of millennials say they would replace a human lover with a DROID?
Via NY Post: Children are happy to have online-only relationships without meeting in real life, a poll shows. One in ten say they keep things strictly digital with a friend and one in five say they would be willing to do so.
A third also spend time making pictures look perfect before posting them online, the Internet Matters survey shows. Almost half said that they always or often post images of themselves having a great time and 34 percent agreed they spent time making their images look perfect before posting.
The survey carried out by Internet Matters to highlight the importance of children building their digital resilience so they can cope independently with the ups and downs of growing up online.
Positively 41 percent of kids said they found it is easier to open up about their feelings online than face to face. And a quarter of children said they find it easier to find love on the internet – and once they do, seven out of 10 said they go online to chat with their boyfriend or girlfriend.
The new toolkits offer parents age-specific tips and an easy-to-follow video guide from psychologist and Internet Matters ambassador Dr. Linda Papadopoulos. Papadopoulos said: “These figures reveal just how much relationships have changed as a result of the internet and social media and how children are continually facing new challenges. First love has always been a minefield – and even more so in the digital age when it’s all about sharing your life online.
“With all the benefits this brings, there will be times that children need to be resilient against the bad stuff that happens.
“By building a child’s digital resilience, parents will not only help keep their child safe online but essentially empower them to navigate digital issues on their own.”
Carolyn Bunting, CEO of Internet Matters, said: “We found that the majority of children see the role the internet plays when they build relationships as a positive thing. The key thing is for parents to talk to their children, and our resources enable them to do more confidently.”
- Hillary Clinton leaked emails reason to get rid of Gadaffi
- Stagflation 2023: The Looming Economic Nightmare You Can’t Afford to Ignore
- Deutsche Bank Is On The Brink Of Collapse: Get Prepared For The Next Lehman Brothers Moment
- The US Dollar World Reserve Status is Officially Over
- Satan Has Become One Of The Hottest Spiritual Figures In America
- S686 Patriot Act 2.0 – This is the bill that lets them kick down your door and kill your dog because you are guilty for doubting the Biden regime.
- ‘Unsafe and ineffective’ Pfizer is going to court!
- US Banks are seeing the largest drop in bank deposits since the Great Financial Crisis and a ‘second wave’ is coming
- Shocking Biden hot-mic reveals how handlers program his every move WATCH. Yes, this is 100% real.
- The recession is here, the market crash is next.